VA Pacific Islands Health Care System
Geriatrics, Rehabiliation & Extended Care Center
The Geriatrics, Rehabilitation & Extended Care Center has a 60-bed nursing facility and provides convalescence, rehabilitation, geriatric and geri-psychiatric assessment to eligible veterans in an inpatient setting. The Center for Aging program is designed for veterans who are not acutely ill and who could benefit from an interdisciplinary geriatric treatment program. The goal of the program is to improve veterans' physical and/or psychological functioning so that they may return to independent living, be discharged to their own home, or to some alternative care program. Veterans must be enrolled in the VA Health Care System and meet the nursing home eligibility criteria.
- The veteran will be eligible for VA nursing home level of care;
- The veteran requires therapy to restore functional abilities, is able to participate in the therapy, and is medically stable;
- The veteran can benefit from interdisciplinary care and assessment in an inpatient facility;
- For more information on admission criteria, call (808) 433-0256
From Honolulu International Airport, Start going toward the AIRPORT EXIT on Aolele St - go 0.2 mi. Turn right on Nimitz Hwy[HI-92] - go 1.4 mi. Turn left on Puuloa Rd - go 1.1 mi. Puuloa Rd becomes Jarrett White Rd - go 1.0 mi. You will see the Guard Shack and entrance gate to Tripler Medical Center. Provide Identification and inform the guard of your visit. Turn left immediately after the guard shack on Krukowski Road. The Center for Aging building is the first building you see on the left.
- Free on premises
VA Courtesy Shuttle Transportion:
We also offer a VA Courtesy Shuttle to pick Veterans up at various points between the Honolulu Airport and the Spark M. Matsunaga VA Medical Center. View VA Shuttle Schedule.
- 459 Patterson Road Honolulu, HI 96815
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm