VA Pacific Islands Health Care System
Director's Message March 26, 2021
Yesterday VA shared a press release announcing President Biden’s signage of the SAVE LIVES Act. Due to significant media coverage, we would like to provide a few updates.
At this time, we still have a limited supply of vaccines and must continue to prioritize vaccinations and health care delivery to our Veterans enrolled in VA health care. We are working diligently to determine how quickly we can begin to offer vaccines to other groups.
- In the meantime, Veterans, caregivers, spouses, and CHAMPVA beneficiaries newly eligible under the law can go to https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/to register and indicate their interest in receiving a vaccine from VA. Signing up will also give users regular updates about VA’s vaccine rollout process.
- Individuals can also sign up to get vaccinated through their employer, pharmacy or local public health office. We encourage Veterans and their loved ones to take the first opportunity to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Visit VA’s COVID-19 Vaccine website https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/ as this page will be updated when we are able to offer additional individuals the vaccine.
- VAPIHCS webpage – http://www.hawaii.va.govsubmit your email to receive weekly updates
We thank you for your patience as we work through the complexities of implementing this important law.
US Army Garrison Car Registration Requirement
All VA employees and Veterans are exempt from this requirement. No one should be denied gate access to Tripler Army Medical Center.
Mass Vaccine Event
To date VAPIHCS has vaccinated more than 10K Veterans and VA Employees
VAPIHCS will be hosting a mass COVID Vaccine distribution events.
Call to secure an appointment: 1-800-214-1306
Upcoming Vaccine Events
- Saturday, Mar 27 – Keehi Lagoon walk-ins allowed until 3 p.m. (subject to availability)
- Saturday April 10 – Keehi Lagoon walk-ins allowed until 3 p.m. (subject to availability)
- Mass Vaccination for CBOCs Dates are tentative:
- Maui-TBD, Kauai-4/17, Kona-4/10, Hilo-4/24
It is our honor to provide you with safe, compassionate and quality care!
One Team, One Ohana!
Adam M. Robinson, Jr., MD, MBA, CPE
Director, VA Pacific Islands Health Care System
VADM, MC, USN, (RET)
36th Surgeon General, USN